Tuesday, October 17, 2006

My role (at least to Will).

William has been fascinated lately with people's career titles (i.e. Daddy is a lawyer, Grandma is a teacher, etc...) versus 'just regular people.' He and Warren had a long conversation the other day about Will's desire to 'not be anything Dad, I just wanna be a regular person.'

Today in the car, we revisited this theme.

William: "Mom, you're not anything, right?"
Me: "What do you mean?"
William: "Well, you're not an army guy, you're not a worker or anything."
Me: "Well, I do have a job. Do you know what that job is?"
William: "You take care of our family's kids."
Me: "Yes, I do that. I also cook all of our food, and keep our house nice, and take you places."
William: "So, you're sort of like a servant?"

I couldn't really say anything to that!!! Luckily, my own opinion of the importance of what I do for our family does not hinge on the views of my five year old!!! :-)

No comments: